- Not know of TMNT, or really cared about them as children.
- Belong to Bay's personal forum, or are under his employ.
You'll also notice the outright arrogance and disrespect for the core audience that's allowing him this opportunity in the first place.
Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.
This brings up a few issues:
- We need to chill? No, you need to bring this kinda shit up from the get-go, so you can craft your explosion-fest to better cater to the fans. You know, those people from whom you get your paycheck from. If you're looking at this from a strictly business perspective, then you need to have some business ethics. Especially the kind that involve knowing your customers, which you've proven you obviously don't. While this direction might net you a good penny or two, it's nothing compared to the fans who are comfortable with the franchise, and want to see it in its loyal entirety. It'd maybe even get your name out of the "hack" category. Instead, with the volume of the uproar, this might get your production cancelled. People are tired of your constant butchery, and TMNT was obviously the last straw.
- This is going to bring back what made us fans in the first place? I don't remember the turtles being from an "alien" race; I remember them being mutants from Earth, though.
- Who said the world wasn't rich to begin with? It's not about the story; it's about its execution. Obviously you haven't read the comics. Because had you, you'd see a whole world begging to be portrayed on the big screen (even if it didn't turn out family friendly).
There are a ton of people who'd jump at the opportunity of making a TMNT film, especially if it was dark and took a more mature approach (like in the comics). All they'd need is some money to make it happen.